Support Technician (On-Site)
To deliver support services to internal and external customer base within agreed metrics and to ensure that work is prioritised and completed in accordance with business expectations.
- Location: London
- Date Posted: 10.04.2018
- To deliver support services to internal and external customer base within agreed metrics and to ensure that work is prioritised and completed in accordance with business expectations
- Front line call resolution for all IT related issues on customer sites.
- Responsible for desktop, laptop and application support, and basic server and back office support.
- Responsible for Regular and routine Server Administration where required and agreed
- Support and administration of networking switches, firewalls and Routers as and when required or directed
- Control and prioritisation of workload, ensuring that problems and service requests are managed through to resolution within agreed service levels.
- Ensure all support calls within the call logging system follow defined processes and procedures
- Identifying recurring problems / call types and employing problem management processes to resolve
- Deliver outstanding customer service, perception and satisfaction to all IT users and customers
- Maximise the First Call Resolution performance rate
- Support and administration of a Windows Active Directory and Exchange environments.
- Support of all MAC OS environments and end user devices
- Maintain system backups, and recovery of data, regular practise of DR processes.
- Ensuring compliance processes are followed, and reported against.
- Responsibility and maintenance of all IT Asset Inventories and IT storage facilities
- Maintenance of an operationally robust and secure infrastructure
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive hands-on experience specifying/configuring/troubleshooting user and customer issues in a changing MAC, Windows Desktop and Server environment.
- Extensive experience of installing, supporting and administrating Windows XP/7/8, Active Directory 2008-16 and Exchange 2010-16
- Ability to provide “hands on” 1st, and 2nd level support for general IT operational requirements problems, and issues for end users and customers face to face and remotely
- Sound Networking knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Experience of providing remote support for users and systems, including resolution of technical issues on the phone.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Good experience of Apple, Android, and Windows end user products
- Working knowledge of Backup Software and common backup procedures.
- Ability to support and maintain changes to Anti-Virus, and Malware software.
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure.
- Ability to handle high workloads and high pressure working environments
- Great MS Office 2003-13 skills
- Experience of FireWall, and client VPN Software
- VMWare knowledge and operational experience
- Hands-on hardware experience of HP, Server Network, UPS and Firewall hardware.
- Knowledge of Financial applications would be advantageous.
- Any previous experience of working in an expanding business environment, particularly with integration of business process and systems.
- Project team experience.
- Excellent Team player able to contribute ideas and support fellow team members in ensuring a successful team linking the office based support teams with the customers on site.
- Ability and experience of working on a customer site, interacting directly with the customer, liasing with all levels of end users from junior to Director level
- Ability to self-manage, self-motivate and prioritise work accordingly, setting expectations with the on site client at all times.
- Excellent Experience of on-site customer facing desktop and server support, whilst maintaining and reporting back to our client\’s HQ, and team accordingly as an extension of our client\’s service delivery team
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal – displays commitment to resolving problems as quickly as possible.
- Demonstrates and exhibits an excellent positive and “can-do” attitude
- Exhibits the our client\’s core culture of responsibility ownership, accountability and professionalism
- Good attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Problem solver, and good escalation skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Flexible working approach.
- An inquisitive nature and a desire to learn.
- Able to manage expectations, and communicate accordingly to all parties,
- Able to determine problem trends and instigate appropriate actions.
- Willing to listen to constructive criticism and change own actions to improve performance.
For more information call Jobfinders on 0203 879 1079 or...